Cant decide on Shutters? Wood or Vinyl?
At Made in the Shade blinds I often get asked what’s the difference between poly or wood shutters. The answer is not so simple. Let’s go over a few of the differences between the two.
Both offer great light control while allowing air and light to enter the home while still providing great privacy.
Even though wood has been a long lasting Quality shutter, Vinyl and other synthetics are now providing great options for the homeowner. Wood plantation shutters, on the other hand, come in a large variety of finishes and colors. They can be painted or stained to change their appearance as needed to suit changes in your decor, or simply to give your home a new look.
- Huge variety in colors, stains, finishes and trims. (almost any color stain is available, even custom)
- Traditional look
- Better variety in arch and specialty shaped windows
- Hand sanded, hand stained, equaling a very well made product
- Thick wall structure for stability and strength
- Heavy duty
- Sometimes Expensive! Hand sanded and hand stained sometimes equal higher price
- At some point they may need re-painting/stained
- Not the best in moist atmospheres. (bathrooms, kitchen sink, ect.)
Vinyl is the new and upcoming retro design shutter. It’s well-built, well-made and the most environmental friendly.
- Durable and long lasting. Won’t crack, fade, peel or discolor.
- Less expensive
- Very easy to clean. (low maintenance)
- Kid friendly
- Vinyl is now Eco-friendly. Poly materials are man-made, paint free, non toxic, recyclable
- Fire retardant. (California fire marshal rated)
- Limited choice of color.
- Limited panel size
Let’s put it this way, whether you choose a wood or vinyl shutter, Made in the Shade Blinds of Placer County has a great selection of both. We have hundreds of different stains, styles and sizes. Wood shutters for your budget, to the most elegant designs and custom stains. We have Vinyl shutters in multiple colors sizes and styles, as well as our ShutterSmart shutter with wood inside the vinyl! The best of both worlds! The sturdiness of a wood, the low maintenance of a Vinyl.
The one thing to know about Made in the Shade Blinds is that we have multiple vendors. We are not bound to just one vendor with one style of shutter. We are an international franchise with huge buying power on all big manufacturers. So give us a call, Made in the Shade Blinds will give you an honest recommendation whatever it may be.
Made in the Shade Blinds located in Lincoln California.